Project Design Estimator – London/Hybrid - £40,000
A great opportunity for an Estimator to join a well-established company in the BMS sector. They are looking to grow their dynamic team.
The Project Design Estimator role
In this role you will use your technical knowledge to provide advice and support on a range of products for which a certain level of expertise is needed. You will develop from a specification and drawings the BMS Points schedule, material and product selection and engineering requirements.
· Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the BMS element of the project
· Prepare and send out accurate proposals and tender documentation for Building Management systems.
· Vet received quotes for BMS material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve 'best value'.
· Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
· Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics
· Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all equipment.
· Create estimates/quotations to potential customers - ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is line with requirements.
· Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate electrical estimates.
· Liaising with the PM, with project requirements and ongoing changes, to meet project demands.
· Complete surveys on both BMS and Lighting opportunities.
· Convert information to detailed design and operational times.
· Produce designs together with ROI calculations and cost estimating sheets.
· Convert operational procedures in to Simpro and develop cost centres to allocate operational times and expenses.
· Provide support and guidance to project electricians and engineers as and when needed.
· Develop commissioning sheets, reports and methodologies to achieve project completion.
· Maintaining strict compliance to quality work, and safety rules.
· Assist the Project Engineer in designing the project once secured
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary circa £40k depending on experience
You will have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. A keen attention to detail and previous experience in a similar role.
Do you think you could be our next Project Design Estimator?
For more information on this fantastic opportunity, please call Yvonne Ndlovu at Team BMS on 01444414164, or click “Apply now”.