A market leading BMS Controls company are seeking an experienced Document Controller to join their team for a four-month contract. The role will be home based but with the expectation of visiting the client office in the West Midlands as required, so living in that area or within an easy commute would be preferable.
The Document Controller position: -
You will be managing project documentation and transmittal and be responsible for the timely accurate and efficient preparation and management of documents and will control the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by technical teams, projects or departments. Other duties include:
· Copy, scan and store documents in physical and digital records.
· Distribute project related copies to internal teams.
· Follow up with internal and external stakeholders for submissions and approvals as per project schedule.
· Transmit documents to project external stakeholders, customer and suppliers.
· Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients.
· Review and update technical documents.
· Create templates for future use.
· Check documents for accuracy and compliance to documentation standards.
· Flag issues with documents and closely monitor the progress of documents in workflow procedures.
· Monitor the project deliverables list and ensure that the project team are working to the correct procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of agreement.
· Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects as required.
Key skills of the Document Controller: -
· Proven experience of document control procedures.
· Proficient with MS Office Suite.
· Knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) and platforms such as Aconex.
· Proficient typing and editing skills.
· Data organisation skills.
· Attention to Detail.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the relevant field preferred.
· Experience of working within an engineering or design business advantageous.
Benefits of the Documents Controller: -
· Fantastic rates of pay, depending on experience.
· Weekly pay
· Opportunity to work at home.
Do you think you have what it takes to be our next Document Controller?
For more information on this exciting contract position call Heather Cole at TeamResourcing/TeamBMS on 01444 414164 or click “Apply now”.
HC189130// Document Controller // BMS// London // Building Controls // Contract