Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor – Northern England - £70k
A fantastic opportunity for Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor with a solid financial and commercial background to join a well established BMS Controls company.
The Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor Position
In this role, you will be expected to manage the commercial activities with large scale projects which may involve contract negotiation, sub-contractor engagement, account support or negotiation and oversee general commercial reporting. You will provide support to the delivery teams with commercial risk assessments.
· You will be responsible for the life-cycle of contracts for the Northern offices and National Account teams.
· Providing support to the sales, design and delivery teams in tender preparation in relation to the commercial factors of projects.
· Lead Commercial contract negotiation
· Lead negotiations with suppliers as part of a multi functional teams
· Supervise the preparation of contracts or pricing schedule for all contracts
· Perform monthly reviews with relevant operational teams
· Create strategic partnerships to leverage maximum value to the company and achieve optimal return
· Commercial management: Ensuring all financial targets are met and profits are maximised
· Opportunity management: Handling escalations where necessary and turning issues into opportunities
· Stakeholder management: To create and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders, M&E, End user, FM, B2B colleagues, directors, management teams, internal and external peers and key strategic supply chain partners.
Required Experience and Attributes
· Exceptional knowledge and understanding of BEMS industry
· Degree in a commercial or quantity surveying qualification
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
· Solid financial, commercial and management experience within a quantity surveying department
· Experience of tender assessment and contract negotiation
· Multiple and high value project experience
· Third party funding experience to maximise commercial opportunity and value to the customers
· Solid negotiation skills
· Numerical and analytical skills
· Experience in working in target driven, engineered solutions environment
· Good existing relationships with contractors, end users and consultants in the area
Impressive salary of £70,000 depending on experience
Car allowance, £8k
25 days holiday
7.5% pension scheme
Performance bonus scheme
EV Salary sacrifice scheme
EV Charger loan scheme
Smart tech scheme
Cycle to work scheme
To be successful in this position, you will have a strong commercial background, understanding of financial systems, effective organisational and communication skills. You will have an awareness and understanding of the BEMS industry.
Do you think you could be our next Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor?
For more information on this fantastic opportunity that will help shape the future of Building Management Systems, please call Yvonne Ndlovu at TeamResourcing (TeamBMS) on 01444414164 or click “Apply now”.