Data Technician – Glasgow - £31,000
An exciting opportunity for a Data Technician to join a well established nation-wide BMS controls company.
The Data Technician role
The main purpose of this role is to deliver the required technical services to the Energy Management Centre and their customers through the company software platforms. You will be working as a part of a team reporting to the EMC Data Insights manager. Your main responsibility would be to ensure that each data point is accurately configured, documented and used across all platforms. Full training will be provided. In this role, you will be required to be based in the office for the first 3 months after which you will have the option to work remotely.
· Playing a vital role testing new platform features and proving feedback to enhance data point control and output.
· Creating new visual tailored dashboards
· Creating Asset and Temperature alerts and examining BMS data points for additional alerting and steering opportunities.
· Classifying relationships between physical, logical & virtual entities (Brick Schema ontology)
· Creation and maintenance of rules engine and alerting
· Reviewing on-boarded customer sites and associated data points within the company software platform
· Planning and project management of large-scale technical tasks
· Identification, analysis, investigation and resolution of site or data point failures
· Supporting both internal and external queries on general company platform topics and issues.
· Strong IT skills
· Knowledge of database architecture
· Knowledge of BMS data points and their relationship to one another but not essential.
· Able to provide platform feedback both verbally and written
· Understanding and knowledge of BACnet Protocol desirable but not essential
· IT Networking experience desirable but not essential
· Brick Schema ontology desirable but not essential
Impressive salary of £31,000, depending on experience
25 days holiday
7.5% pension scheme
Performance bonus scheme
Cycle to work scheme
To be successful in this position, you will have a flexible can do attitude eager to learn and be a service minded team player.
Do you think you could be our next Data Technician?
For more information on this fantastic opportunity that will help shape the future of Building Management Systems, please call Yvonne Ndlovu at TeamResourcing (TeamBMS) on 01444414164 or click “Apply now”.