A successful Controls specialist is seeking to recruit a BMS Project Manager, covering London and the South East of the UK.
Specialising in providing building controls and energy management solutions, this company has developed strong reputation within the sector, built upon their innovation, integrity and exceptional customer service. They are enjoying a period of fast growth and have further growth plans over the coming years.
· To be responsible for the quotation, design, management, delivery, commissioning and final handover of projects assigned by the Engineering Manager. Ensure all project procedures are implemented in line with the company ISO9001 documented procedures.
· Meet monthly with the engineering manager to maintain/update the ‘project managers work related programme/progress’ spreadsheet.
· Ensure the open project structure is maintained and updated throughout the project duration.
· Ensure all project related works are kept up to date and accurate on the servers and not off-line or to the personal desktop or hard drive.
· Preparation of quotations, design drawings, equipment schedules, installation schematics and take full responsibility to produce project updates and documentation requirements throughout each stage of the project. Small project works can be allocated to a lead commissioning engineer, once a project core design is complete and active.
· Ensure the ‘working cost sheet’ is updated upon completion and verification of the project design.
· Ensure this document is fully maintained throughout the duration of the project.
· Ensure monthly invoicing/applications are carried out with accounts and in line with the sales backlog spreadsheet.
· To manage the field-based, project engineers in line with the related project and their job specific roles. Some small project works can be carried out by the project engineer and these are listed within their job descriptions.
· To ensure that the project department staffing levels are in line with the active and projected projects to be delivered.
· To oversee and manage any subcontractor requirements.
· Ensure all completed projects are handed over to service for ongoing support.
· To survey customer sites and provide customer quotations on projects not sold by the sales department.
· To work with the sales department to provide technical support on future sales opportunities.
· To ensure projects remain within the cost budget and are delivered to pre-defined time scales.
· Target a project delivery value of £1.2M per calendar year.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
· To help mentor the project engineers with the aim of improving their skill sets in specific areas which will be agreed each quarter by the Engineering Manager or based on their specific learning requirements. The results of which will be recorded in the project department training matrix.
· To have regular ‘project financial costs’ reviews to monitor and achieve the progression and profitability targets laid down by the engineering manager.
· To act in a professional and courteous manner during all customer and internal staff communications.
· To take reasonable care for the health and safety of oneself and any other persons within the project department, and any persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions. Adhere to all relevant statutory health and safety regulations, policies, codes of practice and departmental safety procedures.
· To take responsible care and make proper use of all company property entrusted to you.
· Ensure all administrative focal point requirements are followed and entered on time and in line with the company handbook requirements.
· Ensure all company handbook policies are known and adhered to.
· To maintain all matter of ‘Company Confidentiality’ in line with the company confidentiality statement, also including any information relating to the company’s customer base or direct competitors.
· To identify any personal training requirements or deficiencies affecting one’s ability to carry out the project management roles listed. Any requirements or observations should be highlighted, along with suggested solutions and discussed with the engineering manager during the planned meetings listed above.
Qualified and experienced with Trend Control Systems
Additional systems qualifications advantageous
· Trend Expert Level.
· Tridium Advanced Knowledge.
Excellent PC skills – inclusive of Excel, Word & AutoCAD usage.
This is the opportunity to join a growing and successful brand with a dynamic approach to their business. In addition you will receive:
· An industry leading salary
· Additional benefits
· Additional training opportunities as required
· Ongoing progression
For more information call Chris Fraser at Team Resourcing on 01444 414164